Do you want to know which mattress wins in a Tempurpedic vs Sleep Number mattress showdown? Well here is our conclusion based on mattress reviews by users.
Are you tossing and turning the entire night, unable to get a peaceful night’s sleep? If the cause of your sleeplessness is not insomnia but a bad mattress, then you need to probably opt for one that provides you with comfort and helps you feel suitably rested in the mornings. Two mattresses that several users have praised for the brilliant bed positioning they provide are Tempurpedic and Sleep Number mattresses. While many people debate about the comfort provided by Tempurpedic as compared to Sleep Number mattresses, there are equal number of supporters for both brands of bed mattresses. In this article, we give you an overview of both the mattresses and also help you come to a decision in this of which mattress brand comes tops.
Sleep Number vs. Tempurpedic Mattresses
Before we note down the difference between Tempurpedic and Sleep Number, let us look at both of these brands in brief. The idea for Tempurpedic mattresses was sourced by Fagerdala World Foams, a Swedish company, from a patented process developed by NASA. This process was used to manufacture a material that would be pressure relieving so that astronauts do not suffer due to the effects of G-force. The formula used to make the material was made public by NASA, and Fagerdala perfected it for commercial viability to create the foam tempur which paved the way for the development of Tempurpedic mattresses. This was introduced in the US in 1992. The company claims that the mattress relieves pressure on the body and supports it completely. This is because of its unique technology which creates a weight sensitive viscous foam that molds to the body and keeps the neck and the back perfectly positioned for proper posture. It creates a perfect fit for the user of the mattress. According to research, Tempurpedic mattresses are less likely to lose shape and are more durable than traditional mattress.
Select Comfort or Sleep Number mattress and beds are made by Select Comfort which is a company based in Plymouth, US. These beds have air chambers that can be adjusted between different settings to suit an individual’s preference while sleeping. The mattresses are available in five models and the chambers are manufactured from natural rubber. They have been tested to withstand weights up to 1000 pounds and you can opt for an adjustable base. Now let us take a look at the different features and characteristics that make these two brands of mattresses different.
Most people side with one brand or the other due to a matter of personal preference. When it comes to comfort, there are different reasons spelled out by users of both mattresses.
- According to mattress reviews, while Tempurpedic users prefer the mattress due to the reduced pressure on the body, Sleep Number users herald the ability to adjust the level of firmness.
- Several people judge mattresses on the basis of motion transfer, which is the amount of movement that a person can feel when they are lying on the bed. If a bed is being shared by two people the lower the motion transfer, the better it is. Most users give Tempurpedic mattresses a thumbs up in this area.
- While Tempurpedic mattresses have only nine different systems to choose from, Sleep Number has five mattresses with 100 different levels of firmness.
- Many new mattress owners have a problem with the odor that mattresses exude initially. Tempurpedic mattress reviews show that more users have complaints about this odor from their mattresses as compared to Sleep Number mattress users.
- Reviews also state that Tempurpedic mattresses tend to be more durable despite premature sagging issues. With Sleep Number beds broken air pumps can be a major cause for concern.
- Tempurpedic beds also tend to be more long-lasting as compared to Sleep Number mattresses.
- A major complain regarding Tempurpedic mattresses has to do with its weight as it can be difficult to transport or move. Sleep Number mattresses in contrast are light in weight.
- While the price of the Tempurpedic mattresses range between USD 1000 to USD 7000, Sleep Number mattresses are slightly cheaper with the range being between USD 1000 and USD 5000.
These are just some key points that you could take into consideration before deciding on a mattress. Now that you are aware of both sides of the debate about which mattress is better, you can decide for yourself which mattress to opt, for a guaranteed peaceful sleep at night.